Saturday, September 02, 2006

Video of the Year?

Today at work, we handled a lot of pictures from the MTV Video Music Awards. A group called Panic! at the Disco won video of the year with 'I write sins not tragedies'. Quite a catchy american take on punk with keyboards thrown in. However, when I watched the video, I felt that MTV has lost its edge as I didn't feel that it was groundbreaking. MTV has always been viewed as a creative innovative channel but I was disappointed that this won video of the year. I feel that the dark goth theme has been done really well by Floria Sigismondi and this just paled by comparison.

Hmm this made me wonder... Has the era of Spike Jonze, Floria Sigismondi, Hype Williams, Michel Gondry made way for newer blood so much so that style and artistic vision has been compromised for a newer younger audience? Hot damn, that or I am seriously growing older - eep!

Here is the vid - see what you think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home